Monday, October 18, 2010

#2CIC Learn more about LindaButterfly

Learn more about the Artist behind the Art


My interview on Whohub

[lindabutterfly] LindaButterfly
LindaButterfly

Portsmouth UK









ART
What do you do? 
How do you define yourself as an artist?

Because I love color and texture I regard
 myself as an artist; I appreciate the world, 
both natural and man made, and I often 
capture my feelings about that by creativity.

Do you upload your work to the web? 
If so, where could we see it?

I sell my art online on Etsy. 
I have two shops; start with 
How is an idea born? For you, what is inspiration?

My mind is always full of ideas; I have too many 
to get them all out and onto paper or canvas.

When and how did you begin to see yourself as
 an artist?

Since I was around 4 and going against what I 
was told to draw in class, and making what I 
wanted to make as a response to the feelings
 I had inside me.

Which artists do you admire and how do they 
influence your work?

I admire anyone who is able to express their
 feelings in art; be that photography, film, 
acrylics, watercolor etc. I like bold colors, I 
like texture; right now I am enjoying Gaugin's
 work. I also like collage, and art with a specific 
message, like Colin Self's work.

Is art necessary?
Is breathing necessary?



Read more:

Share >

3 Comments:

Linda said...

So kind of you to pop this here Valerie, thank you.

Unknown said...

Great interview! it's always nice to know the artists thoughts and background.

Valerie's Essentials said...

Thanks ya'll. I like Linda's idea of this WhoHub interviews. I like knowing the crafter behind the items too...

Valerie's Candles on Etsy